This one-day RYA first aid course is aimed at anyone who goes afloat. You may be a yachtsman doing channel passages or a powerboater out on Southampton water. The course is designed to take in many regular first aid topics’ and relating these to being afloat and the practicalities of being on a boat.
COVID 19 UPDATE
- The recommended Maximum student to instructor ratio per course is 12:1 at Jolly Roger Sailing we operate 5:1
- Every Student will use their own manikin throughout the day, NO SHARING!
- All Students will be offered CPR Face Sheilds and Gloves to use while training.
- For AED Training we use www.tabletAED.com student can download their own version to a tablet of their choice
ABOUT OUR COURSE
It is thought that knowing a little first aid even in a remote location can give a casualty the time to survive while help is called.
The course is usually taught by our principal instructor who has over 30 000 miles at sea including Atlantic crossings.
To book choose a date in the calendar on the right or if you cannot see a date call us on 07834733323
This course fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boat masters.
- The Senior First Aid Certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF's regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
- Dinghy Instructors.
- Power Boat Instructors
- Sailing Instructors
The subjects specific to boating include:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
- Use of AED's
Duration 8 Hours
For skippers, mates and instructors, working on MCA coded vessels this course includes the regulations of Category C First Aid Kit and its contents.
£99 includes in the RYA First Aid Pack worth £8 , which can be provided as a book or an EBOOK please state at time of booking.
SPREAD THE COST:- you can now use PAYPAL to pay in 3 interest free monthly installments
RYA FIRST AID Course
I usually don't enjoy these courses, but good old Jolly Roger made the day fly by.
Andy Lymington Harbour Authority
Our teaching will take place normally at Hythe Community Centre. http://www.hythecommunity.org.uk. From time to time we use Hythe Marina or Hythe Sailing Club. All are only a few-minutes’ walk from Hythe Ferry which gives easy access to the mainline railway station in Southampton. There are sandwich shops and coffee shops close by. We will provide tea and coffee, but please bring or expect to buy some lunch. We will only have 30 minutes break for lunch as well as a coffee break in the morning and afternoon. If you require a list of B&B accommodation in Hythe, please feel free to ask.